31.3.14

What I covet from DesignMarch 2014

Being rather worse for wear after the party-hopping and dining out on Friday night, plus dog sitting over the weekend a dog called Wolf (who, like me, was also rather worse for wear recovering after an operation on his leg), changes of visiting each and every event at this year´s DesignMarch were pretty much out of the question.
But from what I saw of DesignMarch, I in particular enjoyed visiting The Culture House (one of the most architecturally perfect buildings here in Reykjavik), which this year was dedicated exclusively to exhibitions on graphic design and designers. I always enjoy meeting, (although very briefly this time), Hildur and Ólöf at Reykjavik Letterpress  who this year introduced us to Dutch letterpress/graphic designer Tiny Risselada. And I personally thought graphic designer Sigríður Rún Kristinsdóttir´s exhibition/workshop, Anatomy of Letters, the best exhibition overall this year. 



Today I visited Epal, a favorite design shop which this year presented The Countless Colours of Icelandic Design, where a selection of new-ish designers presented their latest products.  Here are just a 3 of my favorites, seen in Epal this afternoon.


 Hylur, a desk designed by Guðrún Valdimarsdóttir designer 



Selection of pillows by María Dýrfjörð

Bybibi tableware by Bíbí



1 comment:

BYBIBI said...

Please check out BYBIBI´s Facebook page for more photos :)

www.facebook.com/bybibiiceland